Embarking on a fishing adventure in Louisiana? Non-residents, take note: you’ll need an out-of-state fishing license. Renowned for its rich waterways teeming with bass, catfish, trout, and a myriad of other fish species, Louisiana offers an unparalleled angling experience. This 2024 guide delves into everything you need to know about LA out-of-state fishing license costs.
Types Of Fishing Licenses
Louisiana’s diverse fishing requires different licenses. The cost hinges on the type of license you seek. Here’s a rundown:
- Resident Fishing License: Exclusive to Louisiana residents, priced at $9.50.
- Non-Resident Fishing License: For non-residents, a basic fishing license costs $60.00.
- Special Permits: Some fishing types, like saltwater angling, mandate special permits. Prices vary by permit.
Compliance with Louisiana’s fishing regulations is paramount.
- Anglers 16 years of age and older must have a fishing license.
- Adhere to daily bag and possession limits for each fish species.
- Regulations for particular fish, such as redfish and speckled trout, are unique.
- Selling fish caught in Louisiana is prohibited without a proper license.
The type of license dictates the cost for non-residents:
- Non-Resident Basic Fishing License: $60.00
- 3-Day Non-Resident Fishing License: $10.00—perfect for a weekend getaway!
- Non-Resident Saltwater Fishing License: $30.00
- Non-Resident Charter Passenger License: $10.00
For extended stays, the non-resident basic fishing license is more economical. For brief trips, consider the 3-day license; it’s a steal!
Securing an out-of-state fishing license in Louisiana is seamless, with reasonable costs. Familiarize yourself with local fishing regulations and choose the right license to fully enjoy Louisiana’s exceptional fishing opportunities. And remember, when in doubt, the friendly folks at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries are just a click away for all the official details you need. Happy fishing!
How much does an out-of-state fishing license cost in Louisiana?
An out-of-state fishing license in Louisiana costs $60 for a basic fishing license and $30 for a saltwater fishing license. However, prices may vary depending on the specific type of license you need.
Can I purchase an out-of-state fishing license online in Louisiana?
Yes, Louisiana offers an online system where you can purchase out-of-state fishing licenses. Simply visit the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries website, select the type of license you need, and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
Do I need a fishing license in Louisiana if I’m only fishing for catch-and-release?
Yes, you still need a fishing license in Louisiana even if you’re only fishing for catch-and-release. However, there are certain exemptions for specific groups such as minors under the age of 16, Louisiana residents over the age of 60, and individuals with disabilities. It’s important to check the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries website for more information on exemptions and requirements.