Planning a fishing trip in Florida? You’ll need to know how to Get a fishing license first. In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know, from where to buy your license, the cost, and whether you even need one to fish in Florida. So, let’s fishing now!
Do You Need a License to Fish in Florida?
- Fishing from a pier that has a valid pier fishing license
- Being under 16 years old
- Being a Florida resident over 65 years old with proof of age and residency
For more exemptions and details, check the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website.
Where to Get a Florida Fishing License
- Online through the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website
- In-person at authorized retailers like Walmart, bait and tackle shops, and sporting goods stores
- By phone at 1-888-FISH-FLORIDA (1-888-347-4356)
How Much Is a Saltwater Fishing License in Florida?
The cost of a saltwater fishing license in Florida depends on your residency status and the duration of the license. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Florida residents:
- Annual: $17
- 5-year: $79
- Combination freshwater/saltwater: $32.50 (annual)
- 3-day: $17
- 7-day: $30
- Annual: $47
Keep in mind that additional permits may be required for certain species, like snook or lobster.
How to Get a Florida Fishing License Online
To buy a Florida fishing license online, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission website
- Create an account or log in if you already have one
- Choose the type of license you need (resident, non-resident, freshwater, saltwater, etc.)
- Add any additional permits if needed
- Proceed to checkout and pay for your license
- Print your license or store it digitally on your smartphone
And that’s it! Now you’re ready to enjoy fishing in the beautiful waters of Florida. Remember to follow all fishing regulations and practice catch and release when appropriate. For more information on fishing licenses across the United States, check out our comprehensive guide. Happy fishing!