Are you planning a fishing trip to Virginia Beach and wondering how much the fishing license would cost you? As an expert angler and fishing license professional, I am here to guide you through the process and share the costs associated with obtaining a fishing license in VA Beach.
The Cost of Fishing License in VA Beach
The cost of fishing license in VA Beach varies depending on several factors, such as the type of license, residency status, and the duration of the license. Here are the different types of fishing licenses and their costs:
- Resident Freshwater Fishing License: This license costs $23 for one year and $44 for two years.
- Resident Saltwater Fishing License: This license costs $17.50 for one year and $10.00 for each additional year.
- Non-Resident Freshwater Fishing License: This license costs $47 for one year and $88 for two years.
- Non-Resident Saltwater Fishing License: This license costs $22.50 for one year and $10.00 for each additional year.
It’s important to note that military veterans and children under the age of 16 are exempted from purchasing a fishing license in VA Beach. Additionally, there are several special fishing events held in VA Beach throughout the year, such as free fishing days, which offer exemptions from purchasing a fishing license.
Where to Purchase a Fishing License in VA Beach
You can purchase a fishing license in VA Beach online, over the phone, or in person. Here are the options available:
- Online: Visit the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources website to purchase your fishing license online.
- Over the Phone: Call 1-866-721-6911 to purchase your fishing license over the phone.
- In Person: Visit any local authorized license retailer, such as Walmart or Bass Pro Shops, to purchase your fishing license in person.
Fishing Regulations in VA Beach
It’s crucial to understand the fishing regulations in VA Beach before embarking on a fishing trip. Here are some important regulations to keep in mind:
- Bag Limits: There are limits on the number of fish you can catch and keep in VA Beach. You can find specific bag limits on the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources website.
- Fishing Seasons: There are specific fishing seasons for different fish species in VA Beach. It’s essential to know the fishing seasons to avoid fishing during the closed season.
- Fishing Methods: Certain fishing methods, such as snagging, are prohibited in VA Beach. Make sure to read the regulations and fish using legal methods only.
- Catch and Release: It’s important to practice catch and release to preserve the fish population in VA Beach. Make sure to handle the fish gently and release them back to the water as soon as possible.
In conclusion, fishing in VA Beach requires a fishing license, which comes at various costs depending on several factors. By following the fishing regulations in VA Beach, you can ensure a successful and enjoyable fishing trip. Happy Fishing!
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers for ‘Discover the Cost of Fishing License in VA Beach’:
How much does a Virginia Beach fishing license cost?
A Virginia Beach fishing license costs $17.50 for one year, $30 for two years, or $47 for three years for residents. For non-residents, the cost is $50 for one year, $95 for two years, or $140 for three years.
Do I need a fishing license to fish in Virginia Beach?
Yes, anyone over the age of 16 needs a fishing license to fish in Virginia Beach. This includes fishing in the ocean, bays, and rivers. You can purchase a license online, in person at a license agent, or by mail.
Can I purchase a fishing license for Virginia Beach online?
Yes, you can purchase a fishing license for Virginia Beach online at the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries website. You can also purchase a license in person at a license agent or by mail. Be sure to bring the necessary documents, such as proof of residency or a valid ID, when purchasing in person.